Little Green Blog

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Insurance, Dreams, and Movies

I can finally check off one of the items from the list of Things Keeping Me Awake At Night: I got a packet in the mail today confirming that I will be health insured the moment my COBRA expires. This is mostly important so that my migraines don't become a "preexisting condition" and not covered, because that would be bad. I had a nasty migraine today, but I felt it coming so I seem to have started medicating myself early enough that it's already almost gone. I spent the day asleep and was dreaming about tornados and pirates and OutKast and some weird thing where people had polluted the world so badly that everything was under an ocean of sludge. We all had to live in these boats that were like if the creators of the Starship Enterprise designed a cruise ship and people were mutating into these weird lizard-like creatures that lived off the sludge. The mutation happened if you fell into the sludge but it could also be passed around like a cold. Migraine-induced dreams are weird. Maybe that's why I've never felt the need to do drugs. Psycho dreams: my anti-drug. Hmm.

I watched A Streetcar Named Desire tonight. Marlon Brando was hot. He should've been the one freaking out about aging. Blanche DuBois and Norma Desmond would be appropriate roommates at the nuthouse. Now there's an idea for a truly dreadful spin-off. I'm not sure what I want next from my Netflix queue, it being 120 movies long and all.

I'm trying to resist the urge to turn on the air conditioner, but it's a sauna in here.

I can hear someone crying somewhere outside or upstairs or something. It's odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Counter