Little Green Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Espadrille Search

Spent almost an hour by myself in DSW this evening looking for espadrilles. They had many, many cute ones at reasonable but not fantastic prices and I couldn't decide so I left empty-handed. Hopefully my sister will go back with me tomorrow and be my second opinion, but in the meantime, these are my espadrille thoughts:
One pair (by Born) was extremely comfortable and cute in shape, but a pale lime green. Do I really want/need lime green shoes? Will I be able to wear them with any of the things I want to be pairing with my espadrilles?
Two different styles by Steve Madden were very tempting. One (in both silver and gold) was super-sparkly with fun ribbon ankle lacing things. I'm a sucker for the things that lace up your legs. The others are very similar but with shmancy beading instead of sequins and in a bone color. This pic I found (right) is similar but I'm not sure if it's actually the same shoe or not. Damn my non-visual memory.
I don't remember the brand of this one other pair I liked, but they were closed-toed and black with white stitching and black ribbon lace-up ankle things. Perhaps the most practical, though maybe not because I can think of skirts I own that wouldn't go well with the black. Really I need a white or neutral, but they tend to look creepy against my pasty-ass legs. Perhaps I need to start painting my legs a darker color with that tan-in-a-can lotion shit, because obviously, beauty and golden skin are of the utmost importance. Obviously.

Does anyone else find it extremely amusing when I'm being girly and superficial? Because I'm definitely laughing at myself with all my shopping and makeup and shit. It's still shit, but I'm pretending to be a grown-up here and grown-ups are supposed to look like they know what they're doing and that somehow includes makeup and fashion and crap like that.

1 Comments:

At May 19, 2006 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blast the return of the wedge.
bah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Counter