Little Green Blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

death and taxes

I fixed my internet. I know you missed hearing the mundane details of my life.

My apartment suddenly feels very big and quiet now that Anne and Toph are gone. This is neither all good nor all bad.

The New Yorker makes me very happy when I actually take the time to read it.

I just did 90% of my taxes. Between my anal accounting on Microsoft Money and the free version of Turbo Tax the IRS webpage sent me to, it took me about an hour. I still need to get the numbers from my dad for whatever is in the funds my grandparents set up, but right now I heart the internet and my computer in general.

My dog is seriously bonkers. That's one major thing I left out of the Toph&Anne story: the Freud Factor. We spent a lot of time trying to get him to calm down and shut up, and Toph&Anne worked very hard to make him more comfortable and friendly around them. He'd mostly accepted their existence after a day or so, only freaking out when they tried to touch him or moved in a way his fucked-up little mind deemed threatening. But Anne said that she'd never seen a dog so completely in love with his person, so that made me feel more justified in liking the little bugger. It's nice to be adored.

I watched no TV today. This is a bigger deal than it should be. Perhaps I need to go on a TV diet.

What the hell am I going to do for money this summer?

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2006 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

money this summer?

1) interlochen, so i can live vicariously through you
2) some random crappy job in oklahoma
3) ebay

 
At March 24, 2006 11:07 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Trouble is, I have a dog and an apartment here in Chicago, so options 1 and 2 aren't really options. What can I sell on ebay? My soul, perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Counter