Little Green Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Judgment

No real reason not to talk about what's happening anymore. I lost my jobs. All of them. The ones I was currently doing and the ones I was hired to do in the future. I made a judgment error in using the names of my places of employment and the name of the victim of a tragedy on my blog. People who didn't know me read what I wrote on my blog out of context. The things I wrote were interpreted as inflammatory. I never meant them to be hurtful or inflammatory. But I should have been more careful, more thoughtful. I'm so careful around the kids and parents, but not in my blog. It's an unfortunate way to learn an unfortunate lesson. All my good intentions and good works and bending over backwards and everything I've done for and with the kids couldn't save me from the consequences of a poor judgment effecting the PR of my (now former) employers. So to those who wanted me gone got their wish. I hope the kids and the community are better off, because they didn't need any more hurt or heartache. Unfortunately, neither did I.

Thank you to my friends and family who have been supportive through all of this. I love you guys.

Does this mean I'm "supposed" to be a writer not a teacher?

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

only 2 choices?

 
At May 31, 2006 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jill, i'm just a lurker here but . . . i'm sorry. i'm sure the kids and their parents appreciate the care and commitment you brought to your work. i know it's hard. just know that you *will* move on from this point. and amy is right: there are so many choices out there for you. i hope you will keep blogging.

 
At May 31, 2006 9:53 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Thank you lurker. With all the strangers who know and hate me through this blog alone, it's nice to know my online person isn't completely dispicable. And yes, true, many many choices. I'm back to the same oyster-world from six months ago. Honestly, I'm not that worried about my future, just feeling very hurt and abandoned (by some, obviously not all, as I do have great people in my life, too).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counters
Free Counter